- What is your experience in this specific area of law?
- Can you provide references or testimonials from previous clients?
- What is your fee structure, and how are costs calculated?
- What is your strategy for handling my case, and what are the possible outcomes?
- Will you be personally handling my case, or will it be passed to another lawyer or associate?
- How often will you communicate with me, and in what way?
- How do you handle conflicts of interest?
- What is your success rate in similar cases?
- Are you licensed to practice law in this state?
- What is your philosophy and approach to representing clients?
A good response should address that the lawyer has significant experience and expertise in the specific area of law that your case involves. For example, the lawyer may provide details on:
- Their education and training in that area of law
- The number of years they have been practicing in that area of law
- Any relevant cases or legal issues they have worked on that are similar to your case
- Any specialized certifications or awards they have received in that area of law
- Any involvement they have had in professional organizations or associations related to that area of law.
Ultimately, the lawyer’s response should demonstrate a high level of knowledge and proficiency in the specific legal matter at hand.
The lawyer may provide references or testimonials from previous clients that speak to their skills, professionalism, and success in resolving legal issues.
Alternatively, the lawyer may provide a list of their successful cases or settlements that are similar to your case, along with any relevant details and outcomes. This can help demonstrate their track record of success in handling legal matters like yours.
Overall, a good answer to this question should give you a sense of the lawyer’s ability to effectively represent their clients and achieve positive outcomes.